ICBC services: physiotherapy – manage pain and restore function after a car accident
April 19th, 2022
Physiotherapy for ICBC clients in Surrey, Burnaby and North Vancouver – 25 sessionsIf you’ve been injured in a car accident, you want to return to your life as quickly as possible. Fortunately, physiotherapy can play an essential role in your recovery and rehabilitation journey. If you have an open claim with ICBC, your accident benefits include up to 25 physiotherapy sessions to help you heal from your car accident injury. Here are some of the benefits of using physiotherapy to treat a car accident injury through an ICBC claim.
What’s physiotherapy?Physiotherapy helps individuals restore, maintain and improve their physical health and mobility. For instance, our trained physiotherapists can prescribe exercises and techniques to help you strengthen your muscles, tendons and ligaments and reduce inflammation. Physiotherapy is commonly recommended to treat:
- Back and neck pain
- Shoulder, elbow and wrist pain
- Hip, knee and ankle pain
- Fractures, sprains and strains
- Pre- and post-surgery rehabilitation
How can physiotherapy help after a car accident?There are many benefits of using physiotherapy to treat a car accident injury, including:
- Faster recovery. Physiotherapy helps strengthen your muscles and improve your flexibility to speed up your rehabilitation time.
- Prevents long-term damage. Physiotherapy can prevent your injuries from becoming more severe. You can avoid long-term complications like an inability to walk, migraine headaches and chronic pain.
- Reduces pain. Physiotherapists prescribe exercises and movements that promote blood flow to the affected areas, sending nutrients and oxygen to your injuries and alleviating pain.
- Helps avoid surgery. If left untreated, minor injuries can become chronic ailments that require surgery. Physiotherapy strengthens your muscles, tendons and ligaments so your injuries don’t become worse.
How long does it take to recover?Recovery times vary from person to person. However, many people injured in car accidents can experience pain and soreness for several weeks to a few months after the crash. Rehabilitation time depends on several factors, including:
- The severity of the injury
- The location of the injury location
- The patient’s current health
- The patient’s treatment goals
When should you start physiotherapy?It’s best to start physiotherapy as soon as possible after getting in a car accident. Even if your pain or discomfort feels minor, it’s essential to have your injuries assessed by a professional to prevent them from becoming more serious.
Tips for a speedy recoveryYou can accelerate your rehabilitation by combining physiotherapy with massage therapy, kinesiology and counselling. Therefore, it’s a good idea to choose a treatment clinic like Legacies Health Centre, that offers various treatments under one roof. You can book your treatments back-to-back to save you time and energy. Your practitioner can help you determine which service parings and treatments are appropriate for your injury or condition. If you’re having trouble navigating the ICBC system, read our comprehensive roadmap on claiming ICBC accident benefits.
ICBC physiotherapy treatments in Surrey, Burnaby/Market Crossing and North VancouverIf you require whiplash treatment after a car accident, the physiotherapists at Legacies Health Centre can help you manage your pain, strengthen your muscles, improve your range of motion and restore function. We bill ICBC directly, so you don’t have to wait for ICBC injury claim payouts. Contact us today to learn more about our physiotherapy, massage therapy, kinesiology, counselling services and more.
© 2023 Legacies Health Centre
Built with Connect the Doc